Dalry High School trekkers from Ayr to Ballantrae, July1956
(1) Group outside Burns Cottage
(2) C.Phillips & E. Cousins Outside Alloway Primary School (our accommodation) with Mrs Barbara
Nicholson, the warden, formerly a teacher of music and a well-known singer from Kilmarnock (maiden name:Sumner)
(3)Fisherton Primary School: the wardens, Miss Whiteford & Miss Cairns, with the cooks (dinner ladies) and C.Phillips
(4) A break at Croy Bay
(5) Bathing belles: Catherine, Sandra & Grace on Croy shore
(6) At Maidens with wardens Mr & Mrs Baird from Patna
(7) Miss Cousins & Miss Phillips at Girvan
(8) Mr & Mrs J. Reid, wardens at Girvan, Helen & John and Miss Phillips
(9) More bathing belles at Lendalfoot: Anne, Catherine, Lilian, Betty and Irene
(10) On way to Colmonell from Lendalfoot
(11) With warden at Colmonell, Mr Martin from Darvel, and his two sons.
(12) End of trek - Ballantrae
(13) With the wardens Mr & Mrs McInnes and Margaret. All ready for bus journey home.
Photos: Elma Cousins